Wednesday, September 26, 2007

sleepless on colorado.

can't sleep.
i could have done something productive, but i did not know i would not be able to not sleep for SO long.

instead, i have:

listened to trains (did not know there were trains in monterrey)
memorized the tone of the annoying cricket outside my window (they must be deaf)
heard dogs talking to each other
heard people walking around in the apartment above me (why aren't they sleeping?)
surfed three celebrity blogging sites
watched previews of upcoming movies on comingsoon.net (very excited for a movie called bella AND the kite runner)
caught up on all of my friends' blogs (never started my own blogging about my queretero trip, because i did not think i'd be awake this long)
booked a flight to the yucatan peninsula
found a hotel for my trip next weekend
stared at my clock
reorganized my pillows
read my lonely planet
checked the globe and mail, the citizen AND the national websites
written an e-mail to dad (it is now three hours into his 60th birthday!)
thought about how tired i am going to be tomorrow
browsed on facebook
and watched grey's anatomy season 4 previews

all very useful things. i am glad my life has been enriched so much over these last four hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it must be catching because I couldn't sleep last night. But didn't do anything nearly as productive as you - just tossed and turned, listening to your Dad squuffle (?) around!! xo barrhavenmum