Saturday, September 08, 2007

gimme a break.

i just woke up from a 14-hour nap. when i fell asleep, the plan was to sleep for an hour or two, and then rally by hitting up the barrio with a large group of asfm'ers. however, i crashed hard, and that was the end of that. even when people called to get me moving, it still wasn't enough to motivate me to move. ginny knocked on my door and said, "the girls called for you", to which i did nothing. ginny ended up calling back and updating them on my status. just like a mom would do.

it didn't help that after school we had gone to a taco restaurant with a patio to celebrate tgif. i had two excessively large margaritas before the owners came and told us they had a whole load of free drinks for us. do we make the rational decision and turn down the drinks? or do we suck it up and do them a favour so they don't have to throw them out? of course. almost a dozen drinks later (don't worry, there were more than 8 of us at the table), after we had sampled every drink under the sun, we finally went home... exhausted from the week, and slightly drunk.

i think i also needed a 14-hour sleep for the following reasons:

-teaching is exhausting. cut-to-the bone exhausting. do you want to try it sometime?
-i still hadn't kicked my nasty cold from the week. and even after the lengthy nap i still feel the rumblings of a cough.
-i could barely keep my eyes open during my read-aloud to the kids.
-i was ditching prep time at school to sneak out for a coffee at the corner store, and it is really gross. (because the timmy's my parents sent from home is decaf)
-i almost considered instituting nap time in grade 2.
-my patience runs thin with the kids when i am tired. and three kids cried last week. are my kids overly sensitive? or was miss sarah being grumpy? perhaps a bit of both.
-i didn't have enough energy to get out of bed for dinner. a travesty.
-my pillow is so damn comfortable. and worthy of being slept on for more then my regular 6 hours a night!

1 comment:

halconcillo said...

ujjum!!

i try to post a comment in the last enrtance

do you know what happen with it?