Wednesday, January 31, 2007

the number nine.

have you ever stopped in your tracks and thought, what the hell am i doing?

last friday i got up in front of ALL the primary/junior candidates and did a mock interview session with four school principals. i don't actually know what i was thinking. i made the decision instantaneously, so i didn't have time to doubt it. it didn't want to, but that was exactly why i made myself do it - i wanted to challenge myself with the learning experience. primarily, i put myself through this tortuous situation to prepare for next weekend. the teaching overseas recruiting fair (torf) is in 9 days.

NINE days?!

nine days until i potentially get a job anywhere. there are schools coming from thailand, panama, egypt, guatemala, brazil, germany etc... the possibilities are endless. i haven't doubted for a second my decision to go overseas next year. but, i won't lie, i have a crazy mixture of emotions going through my mind about it: excitment, nerves and curiosity. where will this adventure take me? will i get any interviews? what will my school be like? what grade will i get? will i even get a job?

deep down i know that whatever decision i make will be the right one for me at this point in my life. phew. however, it still scares the living daylights out of me!

i am trying to remain calm and balanced about the whole experience, but it is pretty nuts when you start researching schools everywhere from uganda to bangladesh.

i'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

ginny said...

Honey! You'll be wonderful. I will be around Monterrey all next weekend if you want to reach me by phone/email anything. You are going to be AMAZED at how many places are going to want to chat with you.
xoxo

erin! said...

oooooooooooooh. i agree with gin. i will also be around but on that saturday i am going up to a finca (cottage, farm) with some cisvers and diegs.
we will be back sunday. let´s talk pre/post.
i love you

Brianna said...

good luck Flem!

They're going to love you. How exciting that your future is ... well, starting :)

Let me know how it goes. Local teaching jobs and interviews are SO much more mundane

xo
B