Sunday, June 24, 2007

i can't get enough satisfaction.

for those of you who didn't know, i have decided to take a few weeks off this summer. if you took a look at my bank acount you would probably call me crazy (are you noticing a repeating pattern here?), but i made the executive decision that i needed the time to organize my pack-rat life and get ready for mexico. plus, i wanted to have ample time to spend with my friends and family.

in all this time off, i have been getting a lot of things accomplished that i have wanted to do for awhile and i am absolutely loving the feeling of satisfaction. i'm not talking about feeling joy or happiness, but being purely satisfied. getting satisfaction, for me, is more internal than anything. i can get it from weird things that no one else would even consider. there's the obvious contentment you get when you print off an essay or walk out of an exam, but i have a few other less-common moments to add.

here's my ongoing list of things that give me pure (family-rated, or course) satisfaction:

-reading a magazing cover to cover, particularly in style and national geographic
-walking on a moving sidewalk. each step is so productive!
-throwing something out or giving something away that i am done with
-finishing a box of minute rice, or some other food product that takes ages to use up; and putting the box in recycling
-using a pen until it runs out, particularly inky ones
-when i pack light for a trip
-going a full day without biting my nails!
-and of course, finishing a whole 'to do' list... as rarely as it occurs!

No comments: