Saturday, May 27, 2006

temporary downer.

the inevitable has happened. food poisoning! i had a lovely few hours in barcelona before i got hit head on with this crazy sickness. it was my dad's last day in europe, and i felt terrible, because i spent the whole day in bed. i know that getting sick over the course of three months is inevitable, and certainly after spending some time in africa, but it is wonderful to be sick when you have your parents here. there is something about being sick and just finding the ultimate comfort in mom and dad.

perhaps this has been a blessing in disguise. i had been worried about burning myself out, and this has forced me to sleep ALL day. i tried to go out to the gaudi's famous park, but it didn't work out. i had an unfortunate date with the toilet there as well.

i keep reminding myself that barcelone will still be here tomorrow, or even next year. being sick has not ruined my trip, it has just delayed me slightly. the whole point of this backpacking adventure was to get a taste of different countries, different cities and different cultures -- hopefully this will be my one and only taste of food poisoning!

love from barcelona. more from this stylish, fast-paced city tomorrow.

No comments: