Thursday, August 28, 2008

an ode to grandma.

i never wrote about this on my blog, but last year my grandma passed away. it was expected, but i still returned home from mexico for the funeral and to say goodbye. the connection, though, lies in the lovely 1994 taurus that i have been using to putter around monterrey. it originally belonged to her, so in a way she is with me every day.

so, without further ado, here are the reasons that i LOVE my car (and by extension, my grandma)...

-she lets me sleep in for an extra 15 minutes and STILL get to work on time. (i'll admit, this may be the best part)
-she gets my bum to the new swanky gym that i joined.
-she lets me honk my car horn several times a day to compete with the other slightly mad monterrey drivers.
-she enables me to run errands whenever i feel like it, without the hassle of organization.
-she lets me offer to drive others around who need it! (with a car, nothing is too far...)
-she has given me back the freedom to control my own schedule and decisions, without having to rely on the dreaded question, "can i borrow your car?"
-she is helping me explore more of monterrey and the area.
-she gets me to the nice starbucks on saturdays.
-she adds a little flavour and adventure to my day. never a dull moment on mexican roads!
-she has kept on truckin' along despite being a little old and rough around the edges.

thanks grandma!

No comments: