Sunday, March 23, 2008

finally!

oi.

here i am. finally sitting at a computer. ready to write the chronicles of sarah.

living abroad and travelling leads to such an odd dichotomy of feelings. on one side, i am living the life i have always dreamed of: i get more vacation then i could possibly count, i have seen incredible places and i have met wondrous people while doing it. but then, i have moments like this. i am sitting in an internet cafe in a beautiful city with a whole week ahead of me, and i feel kind of empty. i am so lucky to be travelling with ginny (who is my one spirit who keeps me feeling connected to my life at home) but sometimes the whole thing seems stupid if you don't even have the people that you love the most with you.

this is not to say that i want to live this life with my mom and dad in my backpack, but it just puts things into perspective. if i don't yet (YET) have a partner to share in my wanderings, and the majority of my friends and family are not experiencing this with me... then i need to make the effort to write it down. this blog is partly for me and for my memory. it obviously helps me to remember details that i would otherwise forget, but it is also a means to keep myself to connected with home, and with those that i love scattered around the world.

so, wish that, i want to wish all my friends (both near and far) a happy easter. remember that just because i don't speak with you as much as i would like, i am still wandering the streets of new towns and cities with you in my heart.

No comments: