Thursday, March 29, 2007

you know you're in mexico.

when...

-ginny is the the whitest person everywhere.
-there is a pinata store at the end of my street.
-drivers believe stop signs (and red lights) are only suggestions.
-pedestrians are always a nuissance.
-you try to use french, and they stare at you blankly.
-there are more taco stands per capita then gas stations.
-blonds are always from the bottle or from out of country.
-backstreet boys and brian adams are still playing on the radio.
-soccer is the only acceptable extracurricular activity (and the only religion besides catholicism)
-children believe texas is a country.
-chili powder is the new salt and pepper.
-i am taller than every man in the country.
-loud talking is considered a quiet whisper.
-hair gell is a personal staple.
-tequila flows like water.
-you arrive at a party on time... and there is no one there.
-first communions are a bigger deal then weddings.
-you can sit outside on an afternoon in march and be hot!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, so you're the wise one on Gin'y blog that said 'say yes to everything!' Wise woman!! I love this posting...it's kinda like India too...except no blondes here except expats..but the fact of being taller than most men is the same for me too. I always say I never worry about my personal security a) because it's not scary here but b) because I am taller and stronger than most men here! You shoulda seen the look on the faces of two men when they were leering at me on a run and I decided to chase after them screaming 'assholes!' Heh. I am so funny...and India gets to me sometimes!! Love ya.
Jess

gulldogg said...

Czech Republic can trump Mexico: they still play Milli Vanilli on the radio here! Can you believe that!?